My son is married

My son is married
My son just got married!

Saturday, October 1, 2011

A "Wicked Cool" Puzzlemaker Site

Now that I am a saavy New England resident I have adapted to the lingo pretty well. I have integrated the word "wicked" into every sentence. Today I am using it as an adjective as I describe DiscoveryEducation.coms link to Puzzlemaker. The link is http://www.discoveryeducation.com/free-puzzlemaker/index.cfm?campaign=flyout_teachers_puzzle. This website is extremely helpful to aid in creating puzzles for the classroom. I was amazed at how easy it was to create all types of puzzles for my class. There are basic word searches and crossword puzzles but many other puzzles are also very easy to create. I made a cryptogram and a math block in seconds. This is a must for someone who wants to create a maze. The options are seemingly endless. I did notice some of the puzzles have limitations of 40 to 50 characters but this doesn't usually affect what a teacher is creating because the limits are typically what I would max out at anyway. Puzzlemaker is a real thumbs up.

Before we leave this website we must not neglect to check out the tabs for teachers, parents, and students. I was amazed at what is available on the tabs. Under the teacher tab I found countless lessons for every subject. I found a cool Algebra lesson on Chinese math connecting to real world Algebra. I can't wait to uncover other lessons I can integrate into my classroom. I use critical thinking activities with my class every morning and the brain boosters section will provide numerous activities to add to my collection. Do not forget to check out the featured programs for teachers. I uncovered numerous fun science experiments my class will really enjoy. A ton of hands-on learning is at your fingertips.

Under the student tab a child can learn about every subject. Homework help is available for students here. An amazing driving educational program is also a click away to help students use the virtual world for learning driving techniques. You have to check out the hidden treasures on this site. I have uncovered only a few gems and I intend to glean as much as I can to enhance my classroom for my students.

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget... a teacher can also have the students create puzzles as homework assignments.

    ReplyDelete