My son is married

My son is married
My son just got married!

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Thinkfinity for an infinite number of lesson possibilities

Today I spent some time on the website thinkfinity.org. I signed up for free membership and then set off on an online exploration. What a tremendous tool for a teacher to have at his or her fingertips. The first thing that caught my eye was the search function to help narrow the seemingly endless amount of information. I typed in The Civil War and came up with 238 options. What I really liked was the opportunity to refine my search. With a few more selections I narrowed it down to 38 well developed lessons. This will be extremely helpful for lessons about specific themes. I can easily select a specific subject for a particular age group or I can see what is popular for others right now. The interactive student section is a tremendous tool to engage students in learning. I went back in time and and was able to experience being in Harlem with a few mouse clicks. So many adventures await you in this section. The site has so many aids for educators. I look forward to exploring more and implementing some of the lessons into my classroom. I'll keep you up to date as I discover more options. PS-don't forget to check out the professional development section.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you signed up for a free membership... If you are up for a challenge, there is a way to embed a widget on your blog that gives you links to top lessons. It's pretty cool, I have it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete