My son is married

My son is married
My son just got married!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Read/Write/Think.org Review

Hello again, I have another review today of an awesome website for students. The website is readwritethink.org and is a must visit for teachers looking for ways to implement technology into the classroom. The area I focused on is the interactive student part. Believe me, though, the rest of the website is well worth scouring through. The lessons are very interesting and will aid me in reaching my students. Also check out the after school resources. It reminds me of when I was young and we had an after school person come and offer various arts and crafts activities. Hmm, major flashback moment...okay back to the interactive student section.

The activities here are extremely effective in creating excitement to a tech savvy world. Some tried and true offerings include compare and contrast maps and guides. I also created an essay map that puts a visual outline for a student to use on one page. The site has a number of these awesome tools but the real eye-opener tools are ones like comic creator and flip book creator. These activities are fun and challenge the students to learn, through exciting mediums. Students use things like graffiti and music to write poems and create artistic designs. Create a mystery or a follow a hero through a story. This is a must for your classroom. Right now they have 55 interactive activities and the site is still growing. Remember to check out all the other links on this site as well.

I'll have another website review posted soon.

1 comment:

  1. You could probably spend a whole week and still not find all of the resources!

    ReplyDelete